Hazardous Materials/Fire Permits

Hazardous Materials and Fire Permits

Permits seem to be required by every agency under the sun. When it comes to hazardous materials (HazMat) permitting, the agency that tends to take the lead is the fire department. Not only is the State Fire Marshall report typically required when just about any quantity of HazMat are stored or used at a facility but many other permits are typically required by the local fire department. These can include issues such as compressed gases, oxidizers, spray paint operations, flammable liquids, cryogenic liquids, among many other materials. Walsh Certified Consultants, Inc., can help acquire and put together the information required to successfully obtain permits.

Other issues that are related to HazMat permitting that Walsh Certified Consultants, Inc., can assist complying with include:

  • SARA Title III – Community Right to Know Reports
  • Fire Department Permits – Flamm Liqs, Compressed Gas, High Piled Storage, Hot Work, etc.
  • Hazardous Materials Management Plans for State Fire Marshall (HMIS)
  • OSHA Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals
  • Nevada Chemical Accident Prevention Programs
  • EPA Risk Management Plans